Me and my beach boy

Me and my beach boy

Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Monday!

Yesterday was another beautiful weather day. Tim worked on the pool in the morning and then we took a drive to Inlet and Old Forge to enjoy the leaf change as well as some walking. My little toe-which I broke about a month ago is still pretty tender but i was able to get some wide toed sneakers on. In fact we logged in over 10,000 steps with our fitbits yesterday! As I continue to add photos from this past year here are some from the scrapbook pages I sent to Per and Jeanne's kids just before their 30th wedding anniversary. Their kids Kristin and Erika and darling daughter-in-law Samantha had planned to present them with a very special "Pearls of Wisdom" scrapbook and had enlisted the help of many of Per and Jeanne's friends to submit photos and stories. At the very last minute Per and Jeanne decided to throw themselves a small and intimate-but totally gorgeous anniversary party. Just a few weeks before Christmas they were uncertain who would be able to join them. Well we cancelled any plans we had and jumped in the car! Per has always been my "other" brother and I have adored Jeanne since the day they said I do! The celebration was held at a local business-friends of theirs have a flower shop and we were able to use the back room-which was decorated to the nines! It was one of the loveliest parties we have ever been to. And all of their friends welcoming and friendly. Their children had beautiful toasts to their parents as well as Per and Jeanne reclaiming their love to each other via letters they read aloud. We too were asked to share stories and it was so much fun! Here's the photo album photos:
And photos at the event
Our time with our dear friends was priceless and we had no idea what major change was awaiting us when we returned home. Shortly before turning in the driveway Elizabeth called to say that our Golden Retriever of 13 years-Brinkley-was outside in the cold and would not come in. He was huddled under some brush in the back yard. We jumped out of the car when we pulled in the driveway and as soon as I saw him I knew our time with him would be very short. If you can find something positive in such a sad moment there was. All of the kids were nearby and able to come right away to say goodbye to our most beloved and faithful friend. Molly was young enough-just barely-to not realize that something very sad was happening. She never asked about Brinkley-the dog she used to call Bacon. To this day each morning when I get up I expect to see him on his bed in the kitchen. And when I open the door to the house I forget that he is no longer there to greet me. I will never feel as though I did enough for that sweet boy of mine. He was my everyday companion and I was very lucky to have spent as many years with him as I did. But 13 will never be long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment